Born 1st November, Comfort Umanah’s origin is Ikot Ikpa, Eka Uruk Eshiet in Etim Ekpo Local Government Area in Akwa Ibom State.
Her formal education began in 1969 at Annang Pupils School, Ntobo/Eka Uruk Eshiet and has grown professionally to obtain a Master of Arts (M.A) Business Organizational Communication from University of Uyo in 2010.
Her career as a broadcaster began in 1985 as a News Reporter in Cross River Television Authority. In 1992 she came into Akwa Ibom Broadcasting Corporation ( Television Service) as a Senior Reporter (News). Since then she has held many designations which climaxed to her promotion to the rank of Director News & Current Affairs, AKBC.
The following are organizations of which she had held/holds membership:
- Chairman, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) AKBC TV Chapel – 1987 — 1991
- Treasurer, Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Akwa Ibom State Council – – – 1987 — 1991
- Nigeria Sole Delegate Representative, Tenth World Conference on the Problem of Working Women. Bulgaria – 1989
- Vice Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress, Akwa Ibom State Council – – 1999 -2003
- Vice Chairperson, South South Nigeria Labour Congress, National Women Commission – – 2003- 2007
- Chairperson, Nigeria Labour Congress, State Women Committee,
Akwa Ibom State – – 2003 — 2007
- Alumna, Meridian International Centre (Washington DC, USA) – 2005
- Alumna, International Visitor Programme (USA) – 2005
- Member, Committee of External Assessors on Good Governance Award, Akwa Ibom State – 2005
Her participation has been recorded in the following publications
1. Co-Editor, Nigeria Labour Congress WOMEN’S EDUCATION HANDBOOK, Commonwealth Trade Union Council and NLC -1992
2. Contributor: Training Module for Zonal/State Level Leadership: An NLC Training Manual -2000